There are many reasons that make Bhopal a very good tourist destination. Apart from being a treasure trove of some of the most significant places and monuments of Indian history, it is also located in such a way that there are a number of interesting places to visit during the weekends from Bhopal!
If you are thinking about visiting the capital of Madhya Pradesh, then you can book your stay in one of the many hotels of bhopal and then after spending two or three days in the city, head out to one of the perfect weekend getaways from here!
Let’s take a look at some of the places that you can visit that are located very near to Bhopal:
- Khajuraho: Located around 390 kilometres from Bhopal is the famous place Khajuraho that is known for its temples. These temples are famous for their intricate carvings of the human figures and these have garnered worldwide attention and appreciation. It will take you about 7-8 hours to reach Khajuraho from Bhopal, so it is best that you head out early in the morning, so that you can reach before sunset.
- Pachmarhi: If you want to spend some time in Nature’s lap in the hills then head out to Pachmarhi from Bhopal. Being the only hill station of the state, naturally a lot of people visit this place. It will take you about 5-6 hours to reach this place by road. This hill station has an unparalleled beauty and for that it is often referred to as the queen of the Satupura Ranges. It is roughly about 180kms away from Bhopal and there are quite a few ways to travel to this place, the best option being taking a car. You can easily book a car from one of the 2 star hotels in bhopal, where you will be staying, for travelling to Pachmarhi.
- Sanchi: Want to visit one of the most well-known UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India? Well, then all you have to do is travel just 53kms away from Bhopal and you will reach Sanchi. Actually this is located so close to the city that it can be covered in a single day and you can come back, but if you want to soak in the beauty of this holy and serene place then you must stay here for a couple of days.
- Orchha:Are you interested in photography? Well then Orchha should be a must visit in your tour to Bhopal. It is around 390kms away from the main city and its most striking features are its forts and temples. The river Betwa adds to the beauty of this city.
- Mandu: Another well-known destination from Bhopal is Mandu. It is 290kms away from the capital and the ride to this place is wonderful. Mandu is known for the architectural ruins that are found here. It is also a place that boasts of natural beauty and hence is the perfect getaway if you want to spend some quiet time here.
There are many other destinations as well that are perfect for visiting during the weekends from Bhopal. Do visit them to make your trip to Bhopal, complete!