Moms can be difficult to shop for because they are so important in our lives. Here are 10 ideas that can help guide you to the right gift for your mom on her special day.
- Soft: Giving you mother a pair of fancy socks or comfy gloves is a way of taking care of her. She will think of you happily every time she wears them.
- Bright: Celebrate her vibrant personality with a splash of color. Try a lovely scarf or a cute polo shirt in her favorite color. Women’s polos are great gifts because they are an easy-to-wear wardrobe staple.
- Delicate: Small, fragile treasures are definitely mom favorites. Try crafting something with your own hands. Even if you aren’t the most amazing artist in the world, she will be touched at how much thought and energy you spent making her a present.
- Cheeky: All moms love to laugh. Surprise her with a joke that only the two of you understand, or remind her of a funny memory from the past. This is great because it combines nostalgia with humor.
- Vintage: Drumming up memorabilia from your mom’s wilder days or framing an old picture will surely make her smile.
- Handy: Most moms are busy multi-taskers and can benefit from handy items and useful gadgets. Show your mom that you know she’s tough – get her something that she’ll carry in her purse and use constantly.
- Silly: It can be a little rough to turn a year older, but humor is always a fun diversion. A fun card or a small prank will suffice, but don’t go too far. Something silly will remind your mom of when you were little.
- Cozy: A way to hug your mom when you aren’t around is to buy her cozy clothing. Great examples are comfy pajama pants and fleece pullovers. Women who work hard love to chill out and relax, especially in the wintertime.
- Hip: Let your mother know that you find her to be contemporary and chic by buying her something fun and trendy. Birthdays are not just about getting older; they help us celebrate life. Check out sites like www.vinyardvines.com for awesome style ideas that are both hip and age-appropriate for your mom.
- Elegant: A piece of art or a beautifully crafted teacup can show your mom a sense of respect. Elegant gifts are both sentimental and joyful.
One of Mary’s favorite things to write about is fashion. For more information regarding www.vineyardvines.com, please visit http://www.vineyardvines.com/